On April 21, 1984 Korean
immigrants Do Won Chang and his wife
Jin Sook opened the first Forever 21 (back then the store was called
Fashion 21). The store is 900 ft squared and is located on 5637
North Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90042. Their store was so
successful that they had enough money to open up a store every six
months. By the time 1997 came around they had opened 40 stores.
Forever 21 sells kids, women, men and plus size clothes. Forever
21 also sells make up, socks, bags, bows, necklaces, rings, nail
To become an 8 billion dollar company by 2017
To open 600 stores in the next three years.
1. There are over 480
Forever 21 stores.
2. Forever 21 has a bible verse at the bottom of each
bag (john 3:16).
3. There many names for Forever 21, Forever XXI, Fashion 21,
4. The biggest Forever 21 store is an 162,000 square foot
on 1540 Broadway New York, NY 10036 United States
5. Forever 21 is the 5th largest retailer in the US.
6. The average store is 38,000 square feet.
7. A customer in Toronto, Canada named her child Tiev Forever
because she was born in Forever 21. Once the child’s passport expires
her mom will officially change her name to “Forever”.
8. In it’s first year Fashion 21 made 700,000 dollars.
9. The 1st Forever 21 mall store was opened 1989.
10. The line Forever 21 men was launched in 2006.
Do Won Chang and Jin Sook
are now Multi Billionaires and their net worth is 5.4